jueves, 22 de marzo de 2007

A CONDITIONAL SONG

There are many ways to learn conditionals. For instance, you can do it singing.
This is a song by Linkin' Park. You can watch the video and read the lyrics below.
Click on It's easier to run


LYRICS

Easier to Run 03:24
It's easier to run,
Replacing this pain with something numb.
It's so much easier to go
Than face all this pain here all alone.

Something has been taken
From deep inside of me,
A secret I've kept locked away
No one can ever see.
Wounds so deep they never show,
They never go away,
Like moving pictures in my head
For years and years they've played.

If I could change I would
Take back the pain, I would
Retrace every wrong move that I made, I would.
If I could
Stand up and take the blame I would.
If I could take all the shame to the grave I
Would.

Sometimes I remember
The darkness of my past,
Bringing back these memories
I wish I didn't have.
Sometimes I think of letting go
And never looking back
And never moving forward so
There would never be a past.

Just washing it aside
All of the helplessness inside,
Pretending I don't feel misplaced
Is so much simpler than change.

It's easier to run
Replacing this pain with something numb.
It's so much easier to go
Than face all this pain here all alone.




-Read the purple lines. What does the singer want to change?
-Does he believe that he can change? Why?
-Does the singer express a real fact or just his desire?
-What type of conditional sentences have you found in the song?